A Great Comeback

Back to Article
Back to Article

A Great Comeback

Jeremiah Taylor hyping up the football team

Kadyn Kingsland, Reporter

As many of you may know, on September 16th, our football team suffered a loss from the Garden City Buffalos. Some of our students doubted our ability to win against the Kapaun Mt. Carmel Crusaders based on the previous game. However, the Titans proved those students wrong.

Jariah Taylor hyping up the football team

By the middle of the second quarter, South had scored 16 unanswered points. Our team truly put in work this week. With three minutes remaining in the second quarter, Jariah Taylor scored his third touchdown of the evening. According to Taylor, he and Evan Kruse have been working extra to be able to swiftly execute plays. This extra work helped us defeat the Crusaders.

The Titans and Crusaders facing off

The Titans and Crusaders facing off

In the third quarter, South scored again. At this point, the score was 28-0. South was blowing this game out of the water. The students that were doubting South quickly changed their minds.

Jared Clark (12, Senior), Ke'Ondre Alexander (53, Senior) and AJ Scales (5, Sophomore) preparing to come back onto the field

Jared Clark (12, Senior), Ke’Ondre Alexander (53, Senior) and AJ Scales (5, Sophomore) preparing to come back onto the field

The Crusaders scored their first touchdown in the forth quarter. Kapaun’s student section began to gain more hope for the game. Their hope was then crushed by Payton Collins (24, Sophmore), when he scored another touchdown for South.

Jariah Taylor (13, Senior)

Jariah Taylor (13, Senior)

The Titans had a great comeback on the 23rd. I can not wait for South to play again next week. Go Titans!