Sun. Jun 13th, 2021

Activities to do during the Winter

Winter is here and it may be cold out but there are many things that you can do as long as you are bundled up and dressed appropriately if its outdoors but there are also some things you can do inside and stay warm.

Outdoor:

Build a Snowman: You do this when there is a lot of snow, its fun and enjoyable, you can do this with one or many people.

Go Sledding: The activity of traveling or sliding downhill over snow on a sled.

Make a Snow Angel: A snow angel a design, made in fresh snow by lying on one’s back and moving one’s arms up and down, and one’s legs from side to side, to form the shape of an angel.

Ice Skating: is the act of moving on ice by using ice skates.

Snowshoeing: A snowshoe is footwear for walking over the snow, it is a form of hiking

Snowball Fight: A snowball is a physical game in which balls of snow are thrown with the intention of hitting somebody else. The game is similar to dodgeball in its major factors, though typically less organized. This activity is primarily played during months when there is sufficient snow fall.

Ice Hockey:  is a contact team sport played on ice, usually in a rink, in which two teams of skaters use their sticks to shoot a vulcanized rubber puck into their opponent’s net to score points. Ice hockey teams usually consist of six players each: one goaltender, and five players who skate up and down the ice trying to take the puck and score a goal against the opposing team.

Snow tubing: It is similar to going sledding, it is usually done on a hill or slope.

Indoor:

Bake Cookies:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

Watch movies: A movie of your own choice that you enjoy.

Indoor Ice Skating: Artificial (or mechanically frozen), where a coolant produces cold temperatures in the surface below the water, causing the water to freeze.

Watch the Snow Fall: Sit by a window when the snow starts and put some music on and enjoy the snow fall.

Read a book: Read a book of your choice, that you enjoy reading and will keep you entertained.

Make hard candy:

Image result for how do you make hard candy
  1. In a medium saucepan, stir together the white sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil.
  2. Remove from heat and stir in flavored extract and food coloring, if desired. Pour onto a greased cookie sheet, and dust the top with confectioners’ sugar.