Sun. Jun 13th, 2021

All About Seattle Grace & Harborview Medical Center

greys_anatomy_abc_logo.jpg

In the show Grey’s Anatomy their hospital is called Seattle Grace Hospital also ” Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital” when it is renamed in the show. The hospital could be referring to a couple different hospitals in Seattle.

• Grace Hospital – was a forty-bed, two-story hospital opened in 1886. But by 1905 the building was razed.
  • Grace Hospital- It was a homeopathic hospital started by Dr.C.P. Bryant in 1932. It was the only “open door” hospital on the West Coast.

Grey’s Anatomy is a medical drama series which focuses on a group of doctors at a hospital in Seattle. Several of their careers started out as an intern. The main doctor Meredith Grey, is a daughter of a famous surgeon, Ellis Grey. 2017 will be the 13th year of it being around, it is continuing on its 13th season. Rumors are going around about it being the final season.

Harborview Medical Center is the designated disaster control hospital for Seattle and King County. Has the only level 1 adult and pediatric trauma and burn center. The burn center is one of the largest in the United States. Harborview provides medical and counseling services to sexual assault victims and their families. Thousands of patients are treated each year in Harborview’s Neurosurgery. It was founded in 1877 as King County Hospital, a six-bed welfare hospital. It was moved twice before it became the actual Harborview. It has 413 bed and is a public, medicaid, and medicare hospital.