• November 16Musical in the auditorium at 7PM!

• November 10Veterans day

• November 9Turkey Ball

• November 7Election Day!

• November 1Market Day

Summer DIYs and Fun Activities

The word Summer written on a sandy beach, with beach towel, starfish and flip flops (studio shot - warm color and directional light are intentional).  Note: extreme wide angle shot with curvature of field and focus on the word Summer.

David Franklin

The word Summer written on a sandy beach, with beach towel, starfish and flip flops (studio shot - warm color and directional light are intentional). Note: extreme wide angle shot with curvature of field and focus on the word Summer.

Sabrina Coleman, Assistant SCOPE Editor

Ever get bored and have nothing to do on a nice Summer’s Day? Well here is a few DIY’s and fun activities to keep you busy.

Paint Twister: This activity makes Twister much more enjoyable, that is if you like getting a bit messy. As many people know, Twister contains 4 different colors; green, yellow, blue, and red. At Walmart you can find washable paint for $4.78. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Crayola-Washable-Paint-16-Oz-1each-Green-542016044/45591508

Tie-Dye Shirts: So many people are now wearing tie-dye shirts. Sure you can go to the store and buy one, but what’s the fun in that? Walmart sales tie-dye kits for $6.91. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jacquard-Topaz-Jewel-Tone-Tie-Dye-Kit/15710010

Smores in a pot: You have absolutely nothing to do with your friends so you ask your parents if you can start a fire outside and they say no. That it is too much work. What do you do? Well if you have any type of planting pot at your house you can have smores with out the hassle of a big fire. Wrap the planting pot (make sure it’s clean) in tinfoil and put some charcoal in the pot. Light the charcoal and you have a small fire. You can find charcoal for $6.69 at Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Royal-Oak-Enterprises-192-120-172-Charcoal-Briquets-Can-8.-3-Lbs./39951142

Paint Balloons: 
This is another messy one. Water balloon fights become a bit boring as you get older. It’s time to step up the game. Buy regular water balloon and instead of just filling them up with water, add a bit of washable paint to the mixture. This will make a very big mess, so make sure your parents are okay with it. A 40 pack of water balloons cost $0.98 at Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Assorted-Shape-and-Color-Water-Balloons-40ct/55700170

Play some sports or exercise: Getting some exercise in the summer is always great especially those who wants to burn off a few calories and stay in shape. Try going for a small run every morning or evening and maybe include an obstacle course. Exercising doesn’t always have to be boring, you can make many games out of it! Make sure to stay hydrated with lots of water, though!

Art: If you’re one of those super artsy people, maybe try painting or drawing outside. When you’re outside, you can find so many things to draw or paint pictures of. If you are terrible at art, maybe get some friends together and go to the store and get some craft supplies to make bracelets or headbands.

Shopping: Thrift stores are where you can find a lot of clothing that is popular right now for a low price. You could even get some cheap clothes and make other clothing out of them! Get some friends or even yourself  and stop by your local thrift store. I’m sure you can find some pretty interesting items.

Movie night: Got an old projector or even new? have a big white sheet? Well you can make a movie screen outside or even indoors with some friends and have a movie night. It becomes a lot more fun watching a movie with a projector on white sheet at home then going out to the movies or watching one on a tv. It is also a lot cheaper!

Picnic: Maybe you’re one of those people who still enjoy going out on a picnic with your friends or even significant other. All you need is a sheet and some food! You could even include a picnic with camping, if you enjoy that.

Have a great summer!