• December 12Instrumental Concert

• November 28NHS Ceremony

• August 24Follow our Twitter! @WHSSJournalism!

Ten Show you Should Watch on Netflix

NETFLIX

NETFLIX

Dangelo Murdock

Stranger Things

1. This thrilling Netflix-original drama stars award-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce’s 12-year-old son Will goes missing she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl.

Orange Is The New Black

2. Piper Chapman is a public relations executive with a career and a fiance when her past suddenly catches up to her. In her mid 30’s, she is sentenced to spend time in a minimum security women prison in Connecticut for her association with a drug runner 10 years earlier. This Netflix original series is based on the book of the same title. Forced to trade power suits for prison orange Chapman makes her way through the corrections system and adjusts to life behind bars making friends with the many eccentric, unusual, and unexpected people she meets.

House of Cards

3. Majority House Whip Francis Underwood takes you on a long journey as he exacts his vengeance on those he feels wronged him that is his own cabinet members including the President of the United States himself. Dashing, cunning, methodical, and vicious Frank Underwood along with his equally manipulative yet ambiguous wife Claire take Washington by storm through climbing the hierarchical ladder to power in this Americanized recreation of the BBC series of the same name.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

4. After being rescued from an underground bunker in which she lived the past 15 years, Kimmy Schmidt decides to move to New York to have a normal life. She makes friends with her new roommate Titus, and works as a babysitter for Jacqueline Voorhees, the wife of a billionaire with many issues. Even though many obstacles are thrown her way, Kimmy makes the best of her new life while having to adapt to the new world around her.

Daredevil

5. As a child, Matt Murdock was blinded by a chemical spill in a freak accident. Instead of limiting him it gave him superhuman senses that enabled him to see the world in a unique and powerful way. Now he uses these powers to deliver justice not only as a lawyer in his own law firm, but also as vigilante at night stalking the streets of Hells Kitchen as Daredevil: the man without fear.

Master Of None

6. Comedian Aziz Ansari and writer Alan Yang are the creators of this Netflix original comedy which is loosely based on Ansari’s reallife experiences. Ansari plays the role of Dev, a New York-based actor who is struggling to identify what he really wants both personally and professionally. The series reveals glimpses of Dev’s younger years and explores current aspects of his life including modern etiquette.

BoJack Horseman

7. A humanoid horse, BoJack Horseman booze decides it’s time for a comeback. Once the star of a 90’s in which he was the adoptive father of three orphaned kids: two girls and a boy. The show was the hottest thing around then suddenly was canceled. Now 18 years later, BoJack wants to regain his dignity; with the aid of a human sidekick and a feline ex-girlfriend who is his agent, he sets out to make it happen.  

Narcos

8. Netflix chronicles the rise of the cocaine trade in Colombia and the gripping real life stories of drug kingpins of the late 80’s in this raw gritty original series. Also detailed are the actions taken by law enforcement as they battle in the war on drugs targeting notorious and powerful figures that include drug lord Pablo Escobar. The many entities involved: the police, the military, and civilians find themselves in conflict.

Jessica Jones

9. After coming into contact with experimental chemicals and spending some time in a coma, Jessica emerged with superhuman abilities. She possesses superhuman strength, as well as flight, and can block mind control. When a tragedy puts an the end to her short lived career as a superhero, Jessica settles in New York City and opens her own detective agency called Alias Investigations, which seems to be called into cases involving people who have special abilities.

The Crown

10. The Crown focuses on Queen Elizabeth II as a 25 year-old newlywed faced with the daunting prospect of leading the worlds most famous monarchy while forging a relationship with legendary Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill. The British Empire is in decline, the political world is in disarray, and a young woman takes the throne. A new era is dawning.