Sun. Jun 13th, 2021

New Young Adult books of October!

Books and autumn leaves on wooden table close-up

This October there are a lot of new and exciting books to read so here is a list of the top 5!

1. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

This book is about a sixteen-year-old girl named Aza and her best friend Daisy investigating a fugitive billionaire named Russell Pickett. There is a generous reward for the mystery being solved so they are ready to jump into this investigation. All the while Aza is trying to be good daughter and friend while being a good detective.

Buy Here!

2. The Glass Sphere by Lauren DeStefano

Wil Heidle is the daughter of the king of the most powerful and wealthiest nation. She has been stuck in the shadows as a spy for her father who is causing a war but wants to explore the world beyond her father’s kingdom. Will gets attacked and discovers she has a special power that ables her to turn people to Gemstone. With this ability, it led towards tragedy and she has to leave her home and find a way to cure her ability. There is a ┬áCursed Prince in Wil’s way who has his own idea of what he wants Wil to use her power for.

Buy Here!

3. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater

In Colorado, there is a city named Bicho Raro where you will find the Soria family who all have the ability to make unusual miracles happen. The three cousins Beatriz a girl who doesn’t have feelings, Daniel who makes miracles come true for everyone but himself and Joaquin who spends nights doing a renegade radio show under the name of Diablo Diablo. They are all looking for miracles but they are not always what they seem.

Buy Here!

4. The Afterlife of Holly Chase by Cynthia Hand

Five years ago on Christmas Eve, three ghosts visited Holly to show her how spoiled and selfish she was. She needed to change her ways but she didn’t which lead to her death. Now she is stuck working for a ┬átop secret company project Scrooge as the latest Ghost of Christmas past. Every year she stays seventeen saving Grouchy people while watches her family and friends moving on but this year will be different.

Buy Here!

5. The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle

Many people don’t know that Goblins live near Bellwater, Washington but Skye is about to find out by being cursed by the goblins. The Curse makes her depressed and silenced where she can’t tell what happened to anyone. With her sister, Livy worried about Skye and Kit the Mechanic who knows about the Goblins, and what they do he starts dating Livy but keeping her out of his secret. This curse in return causes Skye to turn into a goblin herself with Grady right by her side because of one small kiss.

Buy Here!