Sun. Jun 13th, 2021

Overview of Last Month’s Events

POLITICAL CONFLICT

If you have been listening to the news lately, you’d know the central focus has been on the United States and North Korea feud. Mostly Trump provoking Kim Jon Un (dictator of North Korea) in a game of child’s play. Tossing name calling back and forth like the professional politicians they are; Trump “firing” at Kim calling him a “Rocket Man,” Kim calling trump a “Dotard” (an old person) Kim Jon Un posing as a threat against the United States with his warheads/missiles because Trump can’t seem to stop poking a bear constantly. “The Senate has overwhelmingly approved a sweeping policy bill that would pump $700 billion into the military, putting the U.S. armed forces on track for a budget greater than at any time during the decade-plus wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.” -CBS News. Hell, if we’re willing to spend that much on military, why not for healthcare? We should not be fault for Trump’s remarks. Threatening 25 million people because you don’t like their leader is genocide.

The feud continues between the two

NFL PROTEST 

The controversy around kneeling for the national anthem is gaining quick publicity in the NFL. Your understanding of something from another person is going to show differentiation. The honest truth is that if you are not a person of color, the comprehension of this may be difficult to understand. Kneeling, in the perspective of Kaepernick, is an act of protesting and his right as a citizen. Reason being is the oppression of black people against police brutality and the injustice that is served. Often, police officers will either have a paid leave of absence or will continue their duty without punishment. To assure you kneeling for the national anthem is merely an act of protest, not defiance. They are not disrespecting the people who have died for this country. To clarify the flag represents vigilance, perseverance, freedom and justice.

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. “To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.

NFL releases the following statement: “Players are encouraged but not required to stand during the playing of the national anthem.”

Trump blasts blasphemy on NFL players who have knelt and in response the Cowboys locked arms, the Washington Redskins, Green Bay packers, Los angeles Chargers and many more. The Seattle SeaHawks stayed in the locker room during the anthem. But not to taunt Trump but in a result of Trumps response to the protest.

On www.usaflag.org you will find a list of rules, laws, and forms pertaining to the flag. People will see that their definition of respect and disrespect is only reflecting their personal values. But values aside, it states;

“176. Respect for flag”

“(c)The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.”

How does this appear to you?

“(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.”

Examples of this everyday

“(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.”

NATURAL DISASTERS 

Aug 17-Sep 3 Throughout the month of August heading into early September Hurricane Harvey hits a striking 82 casualties. Mass destruction throughout its path hitting places in South America and southern states in the US, more remarkably Texas. Flash flooding overwhelming the streets of Houston and severe damage to housing. $160 billion in repair costs and overall expenses estimated.

Aug 30-Sep 16 Hurricane Irma hit costal shores and countries in a extensive amounts of islands. Casualties estimated to be up to 13 victims. Cuba being the largest targeted by this storm. Damages immense, cost may extend to $100 million. 

Sep 5-Sep 16 Hurricane Maria hit Puerto Rico catastrophically with disastrous damage and leaving the country in dire conditions. Puerto Rico is in a desperate need of help. The mayor has even pleaded to say so. No electricity throughout the island. Horrifying events relinquished many islands through these tropical storms.