Fake News and Propaganda

October 30, 2017

“Fake News”

On January 11th, 2017, CNN uploaded a video onto Youtube that consisted of Donald Trump calling CNN’s organization terrible and he accused them of putting out “fake news” on television, media, newspapers, and the internet. He repeatedly ignores questions from CNN reporters and if he does answer them he calls them irrelevant and wrong.

Click the video below to watch the president unravel.

He accuses news corporations of treating him badly over the years and making him into something he has never been. Donald Trump has never been seen as the best president the United States. He believes that his power can allow him to treat news reporters as if all they do is lie. “The press is so dishonest, if we don’t talk about it we will be doing a huge disservice to the people.”. Trump only ever talks about how the news corporations are lying. He fails to mention how they are lying and he fails to inform everyone on what exactly they are lying about. He never uncovers the truth. He repeatedly attacks the news media. Every human is given the right of speech and they are speaking for the rest of America. Fake news to him is anything that opposes him and explains some of the insane things he says.

Our “great” leader is allowed to walk around and make accusations and tweet things that are expected to be said by an 11-year-old, not a 71-year-old man who runs the country. What does that make him? What does that show the United States of America? What do other countries think of us? Our president is a joke. He has been a joke since The Apprentice in 2004 and he has not changed in over 12 years. What is going to make him change now?

It is almost like he doesn’t remember anything he says at any conference. He doesn’t think about the things that he says and that leads him to say whatever is on his mind. Therefore the only things the journalists are able to write about are the words that come out of his mouth or the tweets that he decides to post. They are pulling information from what he says and it is coming out as a negative. His words are awfully negative for the President of the United States.

CNN replied to Trump’s accusations respectfully and maturely.

“CNN just posted its most-watched second quarter in history. Those are the facts.” — @CNN on June 27, 2017.

They also concluded the argument with a video that clearly states that facts are simply just facts.

The First Amendment

The First Amendment protects the freedom of speech and the freedom of the press. Therefore news stations and any other journalists are allowed to write freely. The courts have ruled that the government cannot censor any information before it is written and published. Only in rare extreme cases can they do so to protect national security. All forms of journalism are protected. Therefore any and all things published cannot be taken down without proper reasoning.

the Torch • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in