• November 16Musical in the auditorium at 7PM!

• November 10Veterans day

• November 9Turkey Ball

• November 7Election Day!

• November 1Market Day

Top 10 Female Artist of all time

Do you love listening to music? Here are the top 10 r&b female singers of all time. They all have wonderful music and have topped in the top ten music! In this article i have listed ten females, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Beyonce, Rihanna, Janet Jackson, Diana Ross, Alicia Keys, Mary J. Blige, and Brandy. These artist are wonderful and create excellent music. If you haven’t listened to these artist, then you should take a look at their music!

Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey was born on March 27 1970. Carey is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, and actress. She rose to fame by releasing the song ”vision of love” from her eponymous debut album. Carey has won 5 grammy, 19 world music awards, 11 american music awards, and 14 billboard music awards. Carey started her music career in 1988 and is still continuing with her career till this day! Carey parted with Columbia in 2000, and signed a record-breaking $100 million recording contract with Virgin Records America. In the weeks prior to the release of her film Glitter and its accompanying soundtrack in 2001, she suffered a physical and emotional breakdown and was hospitalized for severe exhaustion. The project was poorly received and led to a general decline in the singer’s career.Throughout her career, Carey has sold more than 200 million records worldwide, making her one of the best-selling music artists of all time. According to the RIAA, she is the third-best-selling female artistin the United States, with 63.5 million certified albums. With the release of “Touch My Body” (2008), Carey gained her 18th number-one single in the United States, more than any other solo artist. In 2012, the singer was ranked second on VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Women in Music.”

Whitney HoustonWhitney Houston was born August 9 1963. Whitney Houston was an American singer, actress, producer, and model. In 2009, Guinness world records cited her as the most awarded female of all time. She sold 200 million records worldwide. Houston is the only artist to chart seven consecutive number one billboard hot 100 songs. She married Bobby Brown in 1992 and she got divorced in 2007. Houston was found dead in her guest room at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly hill in California on February 11 2012.

Aretha

Aretha Franklin was born on march 25th 1942. Aretha franklin is an american singer and song writer. Franklin has won a total of 18 grammy awards and is one of the best-selling musical musical artists of all time. She sold over 75 million records world-wide. In June 1968, she appeared on the cover time magazine. She placed number 9, and the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time, in which she placed number 1. Her parents are Clarence LaVaughn Walker and Barbara Siggers Franklin. Her mom died from a heart attack onMarch 7, 1952 (35 years old).

Beyonce

Beyonce was born on September 4 1981. She is an American singer, dancer, songwriter, and actress. Beyonce started her career with the group “Destiny Child” including Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, and Michelle Williams. Their group split up after tour which left Beyonce by herself. After the group split up Beyonce released her second solo album which contained the top 10 singles which helped her with her career. Forbes listed her as the most powerful female in entertainment of 2015, and in 2016 she occupied the sixth place for Person of the Year.

Rihanna

Rihanna was born on February 20, 1988. Her full name is Robyn Rihanna Fenty. Rihanna, is a Barbadian singer, songwriter, fashion designer, model, and actress. In 2005, Rihanna rose to fame with the release of her debut studio album Music of the Sun and its follow-up A Girl like Me (2006), which charted on the top 10 of the US Billboard 200 and respectively produced the singles “Pon de Replay” and “SOS”. Rihanna is one of the best-selling artists of all time. Rihanna is the youngest and fastest solo artist to earn fourteen number-one singles on the Billboard Hot 100, as well as a current total of 31 Top 10 Hits on the same chart. She was named the Digital Songs Artist of the 2000s decade and the top Hot 100 artist of the 2010s decade by Billboard, as well as the number one artist in the history of their Pop Songs Chart.

Janet Jackson

Janet Jackson was born on May 16, 1966. She was an American singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, film producer, businesswomen, philanthropist, author, and actress. Known for sonically innovative, socially conscious, and sexually provocative records, and elaborate stage shows, she has been a prominent figure in popular culture for over 30 years. In 1991 Jackson signed the first of two record-breaking multimillion-dollar contracts with Virgin Records, establishing her as one of the highest paid artists in the industry.Having sold over 100 million records, Jackson is one of the best-selling artists in the history of contemporary music. She has amassed an extensive catalog, with singles such as “Nasty”, “Rhythm Nation”, “That’s the Way Love Goes”, “Together Again” and “All for You”; she holds the record for the most consecutive top 10 entries on the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart by a female artist with 18.

Diana Ross

Diana Ross was born on March 26th 1944. Ross is an American singer, songwriter, actress, and record producer. Ross has also ventured into acting, with a Golden Globe Award and Academy Award-nominated performance for her performance in the film Lady Sings the Blues (1972). She also starred in two other films, Mahogany (1975) and The Wiz (1978), later acting in the television films Out of Darkness (1994), for which she also was nominated for a Golden Globe Award, and Double Platinum (1999). Ross was named the “Female Entertainer of the Century” by Billboard magazine. In 1993, the Guinness Book of World Records declared Ross the most successful female music artist in history, due to her success in the United States and United Kingdom for having more hits than any female artist in the charts, with a career total of 70 hit singles with her work with the Supremes and as a solo artist.

Alicia Keys

Alicia Keys was born on January 25, 1981. Her real name is Alicia Augello Cook. Alicia Keys is an American singer, songwriter, record producer, pianist, actress, and activist. As I Am was released in 2007, producing the Hot 100 number-one single “No One”, selling 5 million copies worldwide and earning an additional three Grammy Awards. The Element of Freedom was released in 2009, becoming her first chart-topping album in the UK, and selling 4 million copies worldwide. Keys has won numerous awards such as 15 Grammy Awards and 17 NAACP Image Awards and has sold over 35 million albums and 30 million singles worldwide.Keys made her film debut in Smokin’ Aces and has also appeared in The Nanny Diaries and The Secret Life of Bees. Considered a pop icon, Billboard magazine named her the top R&B artist of the 2000s decade and placed her number 10 on their list of Top 50 R&B/Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years.

Mary J. Blige

Mary Blige was born on January 11, 1971. Her full name is Mary Jane Blige. Blige is an American singer, songwriter, rapper, model, record producer and actress. Starting her career as a backing singer on Uptown Records in 1989, Blige released her first album, What’s the 411? As of 2013, Blige has sold more than 50 million albums and 25 million singles worldwide. Billboard ranked Blige as the most successful female R&B artist of the past 25 years. In 2017, The magazine also lists her 2006 song “Be Without You” as the most successful R&B song of all time, as it spent an unparalleled 15 weeks atop the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and over 75 weeks on the chart.Blige also earned high remarks for her work in film. She starred in the 2009 Tyler Perry box-office hit I Can Do Bad All By Myself and played a role in the film Rock of Ages (2012). She received a Golden Globe Award nomination for her musical contribution to the film The Help. In partnership with the Home Shopping Network (HSN) and Carol’s Daughter, Blige released her “My Life” perfume.

Brandy

Brandy was born on February 11, 1979. Brandy’s full name is Brandy Rayana Norwood. Brandy is an American singer, songwriter, record producer and actress. She began her career as a child and performed as a backing vocalist for teen groups. In 1993, Norwood signed with Atlantic Records. The following year, she released her self-titled debut album,which was certified quadruple Platinum in the US, selling six million copies worldwide.Throughout the 2000s, Norwood held a precarious position in the pop industry. In 2002, she starred in the reality series Brandy: Special Delivery, documenting the birth of her daughter. Her third and fourth albums, Full Moon (2002) and Afrodisiac 2004), were released to critical and commercial success. In the 2010s, Norwood received a critical and commercial resurgence. In 2010, she returned to television as a contestant on the eleventh season of Dancing with the Stars and starred in the reality series Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business.