• December 12Instrumental Concert

• November 28NHS Ceremony

• August 24Follow our Twitter! @WHSSJournalism!

5 Favorite Holiday Movies

Elf

“Buddy (Will Ferrell) was accidentally transported to the North Pole as a toddler and raised to adulthood among Santa’s elves. Unable to shake the feeling that he doesn’t fit in, the adult Buddy travels to New York, in full elf uniform, in search of his real father. As it happens, this is Walter Hobbs (James Caan), a cynical businessman. After a DNA test proves this, Walter reluctantly attempts to start a relationship with the childlike Buddy with increasingly chaotic results.”

Review: “This movie is sweet and funny, though it can’t quite seem to make up its mind whether people should need proof of Santa’s existence or not.”- Nell Minow

Elf Movie Trailer

A Christmas Carol

“Though London awaits the joyful arrival of Christmas, miserly Ebenezer Scrooge (Jim Carrey) thinks it’s all humbug, berating his faithful clerk and cheerful nephew for their view. Later, Scrooge encounters the ghost of his late business partner, who warns that three spirits will visit him this night. The ghosts take Scrooge on a journey through his past, present, and future in the hope of transforming his bitterness.”

Review: “Loads of special effects and a story that has stood the test of time: Christmas Carol is Carrey revisited. However, it’s not really a children’s film and is meant for diehard Dicken’s fans.”- Times of India

A Christmas Carol Movie Trailer

The Polar Express

“Tom Hanks and director Robert Zemeckis (“Forrest Gump”; “Cast Away”) reunite for “Polar Express,” an inspiring adventure based on the beloved children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg. When a doubting young boy takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole, he embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.”

Review: “For all the fairy-lit wonder, some will rail at the idea of Back To The Future’s director dabbling with such a schmaltzy tale. Cynics will sneeze in shock; children will cuddle up and dream along.”-Ian Nathan

The Polar Express Movie Trailer

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

“In this live-action adaptation of the beloved children’s tale by Dr. Seuss, the reclusive green Grinch (Jim Carrey) decides to ruin Christmas for the cheery citizens of Whoville. Reluctantly joined by his hapless dog, Max, the Grinch comes down from his mountaintop home and sneaks into town to swipe everything holiday-related from the Whos. However, the bitter grump finds a hitch in his plans when he encounters the endearing Cindy Lou Who (Taylor Momsen).”

Review: “Whoville, as imagined by production designer Michael Corenblith, is the most magical setting since Dorothy landed in Munchkinland.”- Nell

How the Grinch Stole Christmas Movie Trailer

The Santa Clause 1-3

1-“Divorced dad Scott (Tim Allen) has custody of his son (Eric Lloyd) on Christmas Eve. After he accidentally kills a man in a Santa suit, they are magically transported to the North Pole, where an elf explains that Scott must take Santa’s place before the next Christmas arrives. Scott thinks he’s dreaming, but over the next several months he gains weight and grows an inexplicably white beard. Maybe that night at the North Pole wasn’t a dream after all — and maybe Scott has a lot of work to do.”

2-“Scott Calvin (Tim Allen) has been in the role of Santa for the past eight years, and his loyal elves consider him the best one ever. But the world of the “Merry Old Soul” turns upside down when he’s dealt a double whammy of news: Not only has his son, Charlie (Eric Lloyd), landed on this year’s naughty list, but Scott discovers that he must marry by Christmas Eve — just a month away! — or he will stop being Santa Claus forever.”

3- “Christmas cheer turns into holiday chaos when Scott Calvin (Tim Allen), aka Santa, invites his in-laws (Ann-Margret, Alan Arkin) for a visit and must, simultaneously, contend with Jack Frost’s (Martin Short) scheme to take over the North Pole. Scott, his family and Head Elf Curtis must join forces to foil the nefarious plot.”

The Santa Clause Movie Trailer

The Santa Clause 2 Movie Trailer

The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause Movie Trailer