Sun. Jun 13th, 2021

Top 5 Shows on Netflix

Stranger Things

Stranger Things 

Stranger Things is a Netflix original, it is a thrilling series. This show took place in a fictional town of Hawkins, Indiana,in the 1980’s. The first season basically focuses on the disappearance of  young boy and supernatural events occurring in the town, including the appearance of a girl with psychokinetic abilities who helps the missing boys friends in their own search. Season two of Stranger things was titled “Stranger Things 2”. Season two was based on the year after the first season, and deals with attempts of the characters to return to normal and consequences that linger from the first season.The first episode was posted, on Netflix, on July 15th 2016.

The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries is a supernatural television series. The vampire diaries took placed in a fictional town Mystic Falls, Virginia. This show has eight seasons and 171 episodes. The Vampire Diaries was based on a girl named Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) who got in a car accident with her parents and was the only one who survived, she fell in love with a 162 year old vampire named Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley), Stefan’s older brother Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) was also in love with Elena because Elena looked exactly like his old lover Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev). Additional storylines revolve around other inhabitants in the town, mostly notably Elena’s younger brother Jeremy Gilbert (Steven R. McQueen), her best friends Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham), and Caroline Forbes (Candice King), her mutual friends Matt Donovan (Zach Roerig), Tyler Lockwood (Michael Trevino), and their history teacher Alaric Saltzman (Matthew Davis).

The Originals

The Originals 

The Originals is a spin off of The Vampire Diaries, The Originals on the other hand took place in New Orleans. This show has 4 seasons and 5th to come. The Originals begins with the Original family returning to New Orleans. This show was based on the Mikaelson family, Klaus (Joseph Morgan) the hybrid, Rebekah (Claire Holt) , and Elijah (Daniel Gillies). Marcel (Charles Michael Davis) took over the town after the Mikaelson’s fled the city after their father ran them out of town, Klaus was dedicated to take the town back over. Hayley (Phoebe Tonkin) was having Klaus’s baby and everyone was out to get the baby.

13 Reasons Why

13 Reasons Why

13 Reasons Why is a mystery teen drama web series. This show was based on a guy named Clay Jensen (Dylan Minnette), and his friend Hannah Baker (Katherine Langford) who committed suicide after being bullied by many people. Hannah left a box of tapes with 13 reasons why she killed herself. Each person who received the box is one of the reasons why she ended her life. After each person was done listening to all of the tapes they were told to pass it to the next person in line, and if anyone decided to break the chain then a separate set of tapes would be released to the public.

Jane The Virgin

Jane The Virgin

Jane The Virgin is a satirical romantic comedy-drama telenovela. Jane The Virgin is about a girl named Jane Villanueva (Gina Rodriguez) who was very religious and vowed to Alba Villanueva (Ivonne Coll) to save her virginity until marriage. Jane Villanueva went to the doctor for a check up, but the doctor mistakenly artificially inseminated Jane Villanueva. Somehow the donor ended up being a married man, a cancer survivor who is not only the new owner of the hotel where Jane works, but was also her former teenage crush. As the show goes on Jane questions her professional future, and maybe having to choose between the father of the baby and her boyfriend.