Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 6ounces bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup suger
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 450. Butter and lightly flour four 6 ounce ramekins. Tap out the excess flour. Set the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, over simmering water, melt the butter with the chocolate. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the egg yolks, sugar and salt at high speed until thickened and pale.
- Whisk the chocolate until smooth. Quickly fold it into the egg mixture along with the flour. Spoon the batter into the prepared ramekins and bake for 12 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm but the centers are soft. Let the cake cool in the ramekins for 1 minute, the cover each with an inverted dessert plate. Carefully turn each one over, let stand for 10 seconds and then unfold. Serve immediately.
Red Velvet Swirl Brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
Cream cheese layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tablespoon vanilla extract
Special equipment: 8 by 8-inch baking pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Butter an 8 by 8-inc pan
Brownie layer: In a saucepan on medium heat melt butter. Remove the butter to a large bowl and add the sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, food coloring, and vinegar, in that order, mixing between additions. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and stir it into the cocoa mix. Fold the flour until lightly combined. Stir in the walnuts and pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, saving 1/4 cup of batter for the top.
Cream cheese layer: Blend together the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Gently spread the cream cheese layer on top of the brownie batterie the pan. Dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese layer. Using a skewer or the tip of a knife, drag the tip through the cream cheese mixture to create a swirl pattern. Bake the brownie for 30 minutes. Remove to a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely before cutting.
Candy Box Caramels
- 12 oz Chocolate/ or Vanilla flavor candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup of toffee pieces, Crushed: finely chopped pistachio nuts; and/or nonpareils
- 1 pkg vanilla caramels, unwrapped, about 48
Place 12oz. candy coating in microwave safe 4 cups glass measure. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent power about 3 minutes or just until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. On lined baking sheet with waxed paper , set aside. Place toffee pieces, nuts, and/or nonpareils in shallow dishes. If desired, insert plastic or wooden skewer into each caramel. Dip caramels, one at a time, into melted coating, turning to coat as much as desired and letting excess coating drip off. Dip into toffee pieces, nuts, and/or nonpareils. Place on prepared baking sheet. Let stand about 1 hour or until set. If desired, in microwave safe bowl, microwave 2 ox. of contrasting color candy coating on 100 percent power about 2 minutes or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Cool slightly. Drizzle over caramels. Let stand until set.
Creamy Penut Butter Truffles
- 3/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup Jif creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Pillsburry whipped supreme cream cheese flavored frosting; 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chocolate sprinkles
- Line cookie sheet sides with waxed paper. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave vanilla baking ships on high 30 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until melted. Stir in peanut butter, frosting, and whipping cream until well blended.
- Spread sprinkles in small shallow dish. For each truffle, roll 1 rounded tablespoon peanut butter mixture into a ball. Roll in sprinkles to completely cover; place on cookie sheet. Refrigerate truffles 10 minutes before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
Mocha Meringue Kisses
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanila extract
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- Beat egg white and cream of tartar with a mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar vanilla, cocoa, and coffee powder.
- Drop mixture onto foil lined baking sheet 12 mounds. They should be about 2 inches apart.
- Baking 40 minutes at 250 degrees F, or until firm. Turn off oven, and let meringues cool in oven for 1 hour. Do not open oven door while the cookies are cooling.