• April 28KSHSAA state solo music festival

• April 21Fire camp

• April 21Jazz in the round

• April 18State music large group

• April 16NO SCHOOL

Where To Eat At Before Prom

Diana Landeros, Asst. Copy Editor

Prom is one of the most fun and unforgettable moments of your high school career, so why wouldn’t you want to attend? The idea of it can be a little stressful and troublesome, but from dress shopping with friends, getting asked to prom, and dolling yourself up, it’s all worth it! One of the best parts about prom is getting to eat before partying. Who doesn’t like good food? Whether you’re going with your significant other or just your girlfriends, going out to eat is a must! While eating good food is always a pleasure, we also know the stress that comes with choosing where to eat. If you’re a picky eater or just really indecisive, don’t worry, I’ll help narrow down your choices with these top rated restaurants!

1. Old Chicago

First on the list we have Old Chicago. This restaurant is very family friendly, located at 300 N Mead. They feature Italian entrees with unique pizza styles! The staff is always welcoming, not to mention helpful. Also, it’s a fantastic place to dine at with your friends before prom! Imagine the pictures you can take at such a cool location!

2. NewPort Grill

This restaurant is a seafood-focused grill with an airy, aquatic-themed room & deck seating overlooking a small lake. How cool, right? This restaurant is located at 1900 N Rock Rd. This is a fantastic place to take your significant other since it’s such a romantic space; they’d feel totally special looking out at the beautiful view with you!

3. YaYa’s Euro Bistro

If you’re looking for a more elegant place to have your meal before prom, then YaYa’s Euro Bistro is the place for you. It’s a very earthy and elegant restaurant offering European-American fusion fare. At YaYa’s Euro Bistro, they treat you like family. How amazing, right? They’re very attentive to you and your needs. It’s a great place to catch a bite! YaYa’s Euro Bistro is located at 8115 East 21st St N.

4. Larkspur Bistro

This restaurant is the ideal place to have diner with your friends! With a banquet room so cozy, you and your friends will enjoy your meals here. American bistro classics are served amid homey surroundings with a garden patio and a laid-back vibe. The good part, prices are reasonable and they put out an abundant amount of good, healthy, tasty food in a buffet style! This luscious restaurant is located at 904 E Douglas Ave.

5. Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

Located at 10096 E 13th St N, this chain restaurant serves steaks and seafood in an upscale lodgelike setting. The atmosphere is very peaceful and also professional. It creates the perfect ambiance for dates, girls nights, and yup, prom dinners! Service here is fantastic and friendly! Their dishes taste great and not to mention, they’re plated beautifully!