Mon. Jun 21st, 2021

Top 5 DIY Spring Decor

Colander To a Planter

Wrap one colander handle tightly with a half-yard of twine, pushing pieces together as you go to avoid gaps. Once covered, tie off and add a dab of glue to secure. Knot a yard of twine at each end of the handle.

Repeat entire process with opposite handle. Next, line the colander with sheet moss and fill with potting soil and seasonal plants. (We used ferns and pansies.) Tie the four lengths of twine together and hang.

Bird feeder

Drill a ⅜-inch hole in the center of a melamine dinner plate, bowl, and salad plate. Thread a piece of ¼-inch-thick rope (the length will depend on how high you want to hang the feeder) through a peg-style clothespin, leaving about 3 inches of rope below the pin. Thread the opposite end of the rope through the salad plate, bowl (both should be right-side-up), and a ⅝-inch-wide by 10-inch-long copper pipe.

Next, thread the rope through the dinner plate (the plate should be upside-down). To finish, thread a second clothespin directly above the dinner plate and shimmy the pins toward the plates to snap bird feeder into place.

Wallpaper Tree

Any blank surface becomes an enchanted forest with this patterned mural made from wallpaper scraps.

Step 1: Using this photo for reference, sketch a basic tree trunk on the back side of a sheet of wallpaper (you may want to practice first on butcher paper). Once you have your desired shape and height, cut out.

Step 2: On the back of another piece of the same wallpaper, again using this photo as a guide, draw branches of various sizes and shapes—including a group of three attached limbs for the treetop. Cut out the branches.

Step 3: Apply the paper trunk, then the branches, to your wall with ready-made paste.

Step 4: While the tree dries, trim remnants of other brightly patterned wallpapers into leaf shapes — you’ll need about 60. Paste these to the wall so they appear to be sprouting from the branches.

Stenciled Animal Mugs

Step 4: While the tree dries, trim remnants of other brightly patterned wallpapers into leaf shapes — you’ll need about 60. Paste these on to the wall so they appear to be sprouting from the branches.

Framed Flower Pine Cone Decor