Top 10 Disney Movies

#1 Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs

Jealous of Snow White’s beauty, the wicked queen orders the murder of her innocent stepdaughter, but later discovers that Snow White is still alive and hiding in a cottage with seven friendly little miners. Disguising herself as a hag, the queen brings a poisoned apple to Snow White, who falls into a death-like sleep that can be broken only by a kiss from the prince. he Grimm fairy tale gets a Technicolor treatment in Disney’s first animated feature.  

#2 Sleeping Beauty

Filled with jealousy, the evil witch Maleficent curses Princess Aurora to die on her 16th birthday. Thanks to Aurora’s guardian fairies , she only falls into a deep sleep that can be ended with a kiss from her betrothed, Prince Phillip . To prevent Phillip from rescuing Aurora, Maleficent kidnaps and imprisons him. The good fairies are the last hope to free Phillip so that he can awaken Aurora.

#3 Bambi

In a classic Disney animation, a fawn named Bambi joins his new friends, a young rabbit named Thumper and a skunk kit named Flower in happily exploring the woods. Bambi is captivated with a young doe named Faline, and he learns from his doting mother and his father — the Great Prince of the Forest — that besides the delights of the forest, there is danger in open meadows where hunters can see them. Though fear and tragedy touch Bambi’s life, another spring brings renewal.

#4 Cinderella

After her father unexpectedly dies, young Ella finds herself at the mercy of her cruel stepmother and stepsisters, who reduce her to scullery maid. Despite her circumstances, she refuses to despair. An invitation to a palace ball gives Ella hope that she might reunite with the dashing stranger she met in the woods, but her stepmother prevents her from going. Help arrives in the form of a kindly beggar woman who has a magic touch for ordinary things. 

#5 Alice in Wonderland

A young girl when she first visited magical Underland, Alice Kingsleigh is now a teenager with no memory of the place — except in her dreams. Her life takes a turn for the unexpected when, at a garden party for her fiance and herself, she spots a certain white rabbit and tumbles down a hole after him. Reunited with her friends the Mad Hatter, the Cheshire Cat and others, Alice learns it is her destiny to end the Red Queen’s reign of terror.

#6 Peter Pan

As Wendy Darling recounts stories to her brothers, John and Michael, she is visited by Peter Pan. Peter, a boy who magically never ages, invites Wendy and her brothers to Neverland, an island where he lives with the Lost Boys. Once there, however, Wendy and her brothers are kidnapped by Captain Hook. Peter, with assistance from the fairy Tink, must face Hook in order to rescue the Darlings.

#7 The jungle book

Raised by a family of wolves since birth, Mowgli must leave the only home he’s ever known when the fearsome tiger Shere Khan unleashes his mighty roar. Guided by a no-nonsense panther and a free-spirited bear , the young boy meets an array of jungle animals, including a slithery python and a smooth-talking ape. Along the way, Mowgli learns valuable life lessons as his epic journey of self-discovery leads to fun and adventure.  

#8 Aladin

When street rat Aladdin frees a genie from a lamp, he finds his wishes granted. However, he soon finds that the evil has other plans for the lamp — and for Princess Jasmine. But can Aladdin save Princess Jasmine and his love for her after she sees that he isn’t quite what he appears to be?

#9 One hundred and One Dalmatians

In a Disney animation classic, Dalmatian Pongo is tired of his bachelor-dog life. He spies lovely Perdita and maneuvers his master, Roger, into meeting Perdita’s owner, Anita. The owners fall in love and marry, keeping Pongo and Perdita together too. After Perdita gives birth to a litter of 15 puppies, Anita’s old school friend Cruella De Vil wants to buy them all. Roger declines her offer, so Cruella hires the criminal Badun brothers to steal them — so she can have a fur coat.

#10 The Night Before Christmas

The film follows the misadventures of Jack Skellington, Halloweentown’s beloved pumpkin king, who has become bored with the same annual routine of frightening people in the “real world.” When Jack accidentally stumbles on Christmastown, all bright colors and warm spirits, he gets a new lease on life — he plots to bring Christmas under his control by kidnapping Santa Claus and taking over the role. But Jack soon discovers even the best-laid plans of mice and skeleton men can go seriously awry.

the Torch • Copyright 2018 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in