• September 4Volleyball at West @ 6:00

• September 4Football Game at North @ 4:15

• September 4Titan Classic @ 4:00

• September 4Girls Tennis at South @ 4:00

• September 1Titan Classic @ 9:00 AM

Top 10 Romantic Comedies

Lexi Cameron, Editor

1.  To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – (On Netflix!) Coming in hot with the newest romcom that everyone is talking about. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is a Netflix original directed by a woman, starring a Vietnamese leading lady, based on a book written by a woman. Basically it is the movie giving women the recognition we deserve. The plot is about a girl in high school who has never had a boyfriend, but has written letters to boys she’s had crushes on that end up getting out, and well, it’s definitely a movie worth watching.
  2. Love, Rosie – This movie is my personal favorite and definitely a movie I could watch on repeat everyday. It is set in Europe about a boy and a girl that have been best friends since they were really little, until they both develop a crush on each other but people keep getting in the way of them being together. This film is definitely an emotional roller coaster but completely worth it in the end.
  3. Perks of Being a Wallflower – I’m sure everyone has heard about this one, but if not, it is a movie about a freshman in high school not having any friends because he was seen as weird, until he met some people that were seemingly just like him. Trigger Warning! It deal a lot with mental health and other sensitive subjects, but manages to fit a very inspiring romantic story in there that could make anyone weep
  4. Love Simon – This film came out this year and was widely celebrated within the LGBTQ+ community for being a modern, teen, gay movie with a happy ending, which is very rare for LGBTQ+ movies. It is about a kid kind of coming to terms with his sexuality, as well as coming out to his family, friends and eventually the entire school, all thanks to an anonymous blogger online that helped him gain the courage. Spoiler: they might end up falling in love (-:
  5. Set It Up – (On Netflix!) So this movie isn’t actually the typical romance movie and it is kind of funny how the characters actually come to fall for each other. Both of them are assistants to elites in New York and come up with an elaborate plan to set their bosses up together, but not everything exactly goes as planned.
  6. Alex Strangelove – (On Netflix!) This is a very powerful movie, especially for young people in the LGBTQ+ community. A boy in high school, has his best friend eventually become his girlfriend until a series of events lead to him realizing he is gay and has fallen for a new guy friend he made. His ex girlfriend was very understanding and actually helped him be happy with the other guy.
  7. Just Go With It – Starring some of the funniest celebrities, Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston, this movie is definitely more on the comedy side with a very shocking romantic ending. A man that is kind of a player meets a woman that is just gorgeous and he thinks he has to marry. He gets stuck in a lie and asks his coworker to pretend to be his wife and well, Spoiler, they end up falling in love.
  8. Before We Go – (On Netflix!) This movie is about two strangers who happen to meet in Grand Central Station and in an attempt to help each other, they end up spending all night walking around New York, learning everything about each other and gained a very deep connection. Although one of them was married and the other was still heartbroken and they decided it just wasn’t the right time for them. It shows you can love someone and not necessarily have to be with them. It’s not the happy ending we all always hope for but the movie is still phenomenal.
  9. Clueless – Im sure everyone has heard of or see this movie, but in case you haven’t, it is about a preppy girl in high school with high-end fashion and taste. She talks all throughout the movie about never being into high school boys and she doesn’t really feel the need to fall in love in a rush. Little did she know, love was around the corner, and with the person she least expects. Basically her dad had an ex wife and she had a son that would sometimes come to visit him for the summer and well, I’m sure you know where this is going. Kind of a questionable love interest but all-in-all the movie is a classic.
  10. The Big Sick – This movie is about a comedian who ends up meeting a girl at one of his shows and they hit it off. His family is from Pakistan and are very proud of their culture, so he hesitates on whether he should date an American girl and potentially disappoint his family. Soon after he realizes life is too short and he really loves her and wants to be with her, but he can’t tell her that because she went into a medically induced coma due to adult-onset Still’s disease. Thankfully she wakes up and they work things out.