• October 1JV Football at South @ 5:45 PM

• October 1Freshman Football at South @ 4:15 PM

• September 29Girls Tennis GWAL at TBA

• September 28Varsity Football at Hays @ 7 PM

• September 27Boy's Varsity Soccer at South @ 7 PM

The Upcoming Rise of LANY

Danyelle Martin, Reporter

The name LANY is an acronym for Los Angeles New York. They’re an American indie pop band from Los Angeles that was formed in March of 2014. There are three members: Paul Jason Klein, Charles Leslie “Les” Priest, and Jake Clifford Goss.

Jake Goss, Paul Klein, Les Priest.

LANY was formed when Paul Jason Klein, who had a small solo career, flew to Nashville to meet up with Jake Goss and Les Priest. Goss and Priest had a separate project named WRLDS but got discontinued after LANY was formed. The following month they uploaded two songs, “Hot Lights” and “Walk Away” to SoundCloud in order to differentiate between their old and new projects. A year later their debut EP “Acronymns” released and with their song “ILYSB” generating significant interest online along with their singles “Made in Hollywood” and “Bad Bad Bad” was the start of their identities.

In 2015, LANY embarked on American tours supporting artists like, Twin Shadow, Tove Styrke, X Ambassadors, Troye Sivan, and Halsey. A second EP titled “I Loved You” dropped which was followed by them featuring in a festival called Lollapalooza. In December of 2015 after signing to Polydor Records a re-release EP titled “Make Out” was released. Shortly after the released they went on a UK support tour with Ellie Goulding was announced for March 2016. A US support tour with Troye Sivan ran through February, followed by the announcement of their first US headline tour, “The Make Out Tour” in May. On March 11, 2016 LANY released a single title “WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FRIENDS” and a month later they released a music video for “WHERE THE HELL ARE MY FRIENDS”, their first music video.

LANY began their second headline tour in fall of 2016 called the “Kinda Tour”. It included 14 European dates and 37 US dates. On February 15, 2017 LANY announced that they would be opening up for 7 shows of John Mayer’s it included 5 US dates and 2 dates in Canada.

They announced that they would be releasing their debut album, LANY, on June 30, 2017, to be preceded by the singles “Good Girls” on March 3rd as well as “It Was Love”, and “The Breakup”, and “13”. On June 30, 2017, LANY released their debut, self-titled album. The single “Super Far” debuted on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 on Apple Music preceding the release of the full-length album. The band held pop-up shops in Los Angeles and New York to promote the album. They have released music videos for “Good Girls”, “ILYSB”, and “Super Far”. On April 5, 2018, LANY had their first ever arena concert at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, Philippines. Tickets for the show were sold out in just 24 hours. and they added 2nd night.