Sun. Jun 13th, 2021

David Dobrik – Youtuber of the Week

David Dobrik, 22, was born on July 23rd, 1996 in Košice, Slovakia.  His parents moved to Chicago, Illinois when he and his siblings, Toby, Sara, and Ester were younger. As of now, there is not much to know about David’s personal life.

David Dobrik

When David was in high school he joined the latest social media trend: Vine. At the time, it was a very popular platform, especially for teens, that users used to upload six-second video clips. In fact, many Youtube stars rose to fame because of Vine.

David uploaded his first Vine on April 3, 2013, and because of his funny antics, he quickly earned a lot of followers and there was no looking back for him. He started by uploading his own improvs but later collaborated with several other Vine personalities like Gabrielle Hanna and Brandon Calvillo, which only earned him more followers. In 2014, he decided to start his Youtube channel, and most of his 1.3 million Vine followers were quick to subscribe. Currently, David had over 4.9 million subscribers on Youtube where he mostly uploads blogs every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

David’s net worth is estimated at $2.0 million. His video “He Snuck into My House” has over 13.2 million views, earning him a good amount of revenue. David’s channel is reportedly gaining a lot of new subscribers, which means he could get over 5 million soon. He credits his success to Vine, and says that if YouTube did not work out for him he still “would still be back on the farm in Illinois raising cattle, or worse, going to college.”

David also earns money because of his appearances on shows like The Honest Show and Prank U. In 2016, He was also seen in the film FML which has cameos by many other Youtube stars. The film was directed by Jason Nash and stars Jessica Serfaty, Andrew Daly, Page Kennedy, Busy Philipps, and Jimmy Tatro. David was also in the short film Interrogation, which was released in 2015 and Airplane Mode which was released in 2017. He also earns a good amount of money by selling merchandise like t-shirts, hoodies, bags, phone covers, caps, blankets, and even fidget spinners.

David was dating fellow Youtube star Liza Koshy since late 2015 until they broke up in 2018. According to the pair, the two had grown apart enough that staying in a relationship just didn’t make sense anymore: they were leading separate lives.

Liza Koshy and David Dobrik’s Breakup Video

David’s quick rise to fame through Vine and Youtube has caused him to earn over 4.9 Million subscribers on Youtube and bring his net worth to about 2.0 million dollars. For him only being 22 years old, David has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps posting blogs and creating merchandise for the viewers at home.