Thu. Sep 24th, 2020

South’s Legacy: Alumni

With the arrival of South High’s 60th anniversary, it is important to look back and reflect on the 60 years worth of memories. This month, we will be looking at the most notable South High alumni.

Robert Courtney: This pharmacist that graduated at South High was sentenced to time in federal prison after diluting chemotherapy drugs. He currently resides in Big Spring Federal Correctional Institution in Big Spring, Texas, where he is currently serving 30 years.

Robert Courtney

Tim Elliott: This UFC flyweight fighter was originally a student at South High. His career in mixed martial arts started in 2009, and is currently #13 in the flyweight ranking.

Tim Elliott

Ted Gilmore: A former South student that lettered in football, baseball and track, he now coaches football at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Ted Gilmore

Davontae Harris: Currently a cornerback for the Cincinnati Bengals, Davontae started out playing at Wichita South High, where he would then go on to play at Illinois State University. Davontae also owns a brand called Wichita Kids where he donates regularly to the community and empowers children and young adults in town.

Davontae Harris

Don Johnson: Most notable for his role in Miami Vice, this Golden Globe winning actor once attended South High!

Don Johnson

Allen Lyday: This alum was a former football player for the Houston Oilers

Lawrence Pete: If you’ve been inside of the Texas Roadhouse off of Kellogg, you’ve definitely seen the mural with Lawrence Pete. He was a former player for the Detroit Lions, as well as a former student of South!

Kyle Wilson: Formally a player for Arkansas State University, Kyle Wilson is currently a linebacker for the Los Angeles Chargers. However, he was invited by the Philadelphia Eagles to attend a training camp and try out for the team prior to being signed by the Chargers.

Kyle Wilson

In the next part of the series, look out for South High athletic achievements!

September 2020
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
282930  
Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.