• March 21Soccer at South @ 5:00

• March 19Baseball at South @ 4:15

• March 18Pep Assembly

• March 5Choir Concert @ 7:30

Top 5 TV Series

Television production concept. TV movie panels

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Talina Hazelton, Reporter

There are many good T.V series. The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Jane the Virgin, Gossip girl, and The Fosters are the top 5 Netflix series in this article.

1.The Vampire Diaries

The Vampire Diaries is an American supernatural series. Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) and Stefan Salvatore (Paul Wesley) are 100-year-old vampires that had left their hometown and returned back to their original town of mystic falls. Stefan has an old love Katherine Pierce that had a doppelgänger named Elena Gilbert, which was the main reason Stefan came back to town. Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) has a best friend named Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham). Bonnie is a witch who cares a lot about her friends and is always there for her friends when times get rough.

2.The Originals

The Originals is a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries. In the originals, we have the main characters Klaus Michelson (Joseph Morgan), Elijah Michelson (Daniel Gillies), Marcel Gerald (Charles Michael Davis), Rebekah Michelson (Claire Holt) and Hayley Marshall (Phoebe Tonkin). Before the Michelson family ran out from their dad, New Orleans was their city. They were gone for centuries so Marcel made it his city. Marcel didn’t allow any magic in the quarter and if he found out that there was any magic then he’d kill the witch that did it. When Klaus finally came back to New Orleans he was upset that Marcel had taken over. But Klaus had more things to worry about, Klaus and Hayley had a one night stand, Klaus is a hybrid (Werewolf and Vampire) and vampires can’t reproduce but due to him being half werewolf he was able to reproduce and Hayley ended up pregnant. They called her baby a miracle baby. Klaus was convinced that he was never going to have a family but by some miracle got one so they named her hope.

3. Jane the Virgin

Jane the Virgin is based on a girl that is very religious and was always taught to remain a virgin until marriage. She was always determined to grow up and not repeat her mom’s mistakes and have a kid at a young age. Jane Villenueva (Gina Rodriguez) was 23 years old, studying to be a teacher, and engaged to Michael Cordero (Brett Dier). Jane went to a routine checkup, the doctor got her and the girl next to her room mixed up and accidentally inseminated her with the specimen that was supposed to go into Petra Solano (Yael Grobglas). With Jane’s luck, the donor was her boss Rafael Solano (Justin Baldoni). Life becomes more and more like the telenovelas she loves, she’s left with many complicated decisions about where to go from here.

4. Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl an American drama series. On Gossip Girl we have the main characters, Blaire Waldorf (Leighton Meester), Serena van der Woodsen (Blake Lively), Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick), Nate Archibald (Chace Crawford), Dan Humphrey (Ben Badgley). After High school the privileged former students at an exclusive prep school on the upper east side of Manhattan. Gossip Girl continues to write anonymous messages over scandals and heartache. As everyone grows and tried to pursue their dreams Gossip Girl continues to post stuff and stir the pot.

5. The Fosters

The Fosters is about Stef (Teri Polo) a police officer and Lena Foster (Sherri Saum). Stef and Lena have a really close relationship with Stef’s Biological son Brandon (David Lambert), and their two adopted kids Jesus (Jake Austin) and Mariana (Cierra Ramirez). Lena and Stef soon are hesitant about adopting two more kids, Jude (Hayden Byerly) and Callie (Maia Mitchell). Callie is a very troubled kid since her mom died and her dad went to jail. Due to this, they have been going from foster home to foster home until they met Stef and Lena.