• October 1Freshman Football at South @ 4:15 PM

• September 29Girls Tennis GWAL at TBA

• September 28Varsity Football at Hays @ 7 PM

• September 27Boy's Varsity Soccer at South @ 7 PM

• September 27Fall Play at 5:30 PM

Artist Of The Week: Post Malone

Post+Malone
Post Malone

Post Malone

Post Malone

Danyelle Martin, Reporter

Austin Richard Post or known professionally as Post Malone was born on July 4, 1995, making him 23 years old. He’s an American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer. He’s gained critical acclaim for blending many musical genres together for his introspective songwriting and his iconic vocal range.

Austin Post, “Post Malone”Post was born in Syracuse, New York and raised in Grapevine, Texas. Post began his musical career following the release of his debut single “White Iverson” in 2015. The song in which peaked at number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100 and later certified quadruple platinum. Post secured a recording contract with Republic Records later that year. Post released his debut studio album, “Stoney”, in December 2016, which debuted at number 6 on the Billboard 200 and was certified triple platinum. The album also generally positive critical success for the top-ten singles “Congratulations” and “I Fall Apart”. His second album “Beerbongs & Bentleys” was released in 2018 and featured the singles “Rockstar” and “Psycho”: both would peak at number 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, while the album placed at number 1 the Billboard 200. It broke several streaming records and was certified double platinum.

Post moved to Los Angeles, California with his longtime friend Jason Probst, a professional game streamer. After moving to LA, Post, Probst, and several other producers and artists formed the music group BLCKVRD and recorded music together. Several members of the group, including Post, moved into a house in San Fernando Valley together. In February 2015, upon the completion of “White Iverson,” it was uploaded to Post’s SoundCloud account. On July 19, 2015, Post released a music video for “White Iverson.” Post subsequently worked with a number of prominent rappers such as 50 Cent, Young Thug, and Kayne West, among others. In August 2015, he performed at Kylie Jenner’s 18th birthday party, where he met Kanye West, who enjoyed his music, leading to him collaborating with Post on his single “Fade” from his album “The Life Of Pablo” Post later began his friendship with Canadian singer and songwriter Justin Bieber, which led to Post being an Opening act for Bieber’s Purpose World Tour On April 20, 2016, Post premiered his new single, “Go Flex” on Zane Lowe’s Beats 1 show. On May 12, 2016, he released his first full-length project, a Mixtape titled August 26, the title of which was a reference to the release date of his debut album. On June 9, 2016, Post made his national television debut on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” performing “Go Flex”.

In February 2017, Post revealed the title of his next project, “Beerbongs & Bentleys” and was set to be released in December, before eventually being pushed back to 2018. In September, Malone released the first single from the album, “Rockstar,” featuring 21 Savage. The song peaked at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 and held the spot for eight consecutive weeks, later prompting Rolling Stones to call him “one of the most popular musicians in the country” in 2017. In November, Malone released the official music video for “Rockstar”, directed by Emil Nava. On February 20, 2018, Malone previewed his new song with Ty Dolls Sign titled “Psycho”. ”Psycho” was released on February 23, 2018, and a tour with 21 Savage was announced.  The song debuted at number 2 on the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Post’s third entry in the top 10. Upon release, “Beerbongs & Bentleys” broke the first day streaming records on Spotify with 78.7 million streams worldwide

In August, Post broke Michael Jackson’s 34-year-old record for most weeks on Billboard‘s Top R&B and Hip-Hop Albums chart with Stoney reaching its 77th week compared to the 76 weeks that “Thriller” spent on the chart. A collaboration album with Mac Miller was also teased in August 2018. During his appearance on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” he previewed his song “Sunflower” from the upcoming soundtrack to the film “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse”