Good and Affordable Colleges

Paola Lopez, Reporter

College is one thing that you should look forward to after you graduate high school. Some colleges may be hard to get into or they may be too expensive. Although there are many colleges out there, you should know about the good and the affordable. Down below will be listed some colleges.

Western Carolina University

Western Carolina University is a public institution that was founded in 1889. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 9,406, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 682 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Western Carolina University’s ranking in the 2019 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities South, 34. Its in-state tuition and fees are $4,220 (2018-19); out-of-state tuition and fees are $8,220 (2018-19).

Texas A&M University

Texas A&M University—Texarkana is a public institution that was founded in 1971. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 1,644, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 375 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. Texas A&M University—Texarkana’s ranking in the 2019 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities West, Tier 2. Its in-state tuition and fees are $7,023 (2018-19); out-of-state tuition and fees are $8,120 (2018-19).

University of North Carolina

University of North Carolina—Pembroke is a public institution that was founded in 1887. It has a total
undergraduate enrollment of 5,481, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 208 acres. It utilizes a semester-based academic calendar. University of North Carolina—Pembroke’s ranking in the 2019 edition of Best Colleges is Regional Universities South, 102. Its in-state tuition and fees are $3,418 (2018-19); out-of-state tuition and fees are $7,418 (2018-19).

Missouri Southern State University

Missouri State University is located in Joplin, MO. Nearly 6,000 students are in more than 140 academic programs. Undergraduate classes have an average of 19 students.The school sponsors five school-sponsored academic scholarships, department-specific/performing awards and other scholarship opportunities. It also offers the Lion Pride Tuition Discount program, which offers in-state tuition to residents of Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. The in- state tuition is abut $6,000 and the out of state tuition is about $11,000. This is not including the cost of books and dorms.

University of Texas El Paso

There are about 23,922 students at its 420-acre urban campus and through its flexible online bachelor’s and graduate degree programs.Overall, this easy admissions university offers 72 undergraduate programs, 74 master’s programs and 21 doctoral degree programs. Campus has been updated with significant construction and renovation projects, like state-of-the-art facilities for chemistry, computer science, engineering, health sciences and nursing, as well as a major pedestrian-friendly addition. The in-State tuition is about $8,000 and the out of state tuition is about $20,000.

Although some colleges are somewhat expensive, here are some of the best affordable colleges with a good reputation.