• April 24Skills USA Competition 24th-26th

• April 19No School the 19th-22nd

• April 18Hope Show @ 2:20

• April 17Market Day During Lunch

• April 16Jazz-In-The-Round @ 7:00

Artist of the Week: Juice WRLD

Juice+Wrld
Back to Article
Back to Article

Artist of the Week: Juice WRLD

Juice Wrld

Juice Wrld

Juice Wrld

Juice Wrld

Danyelle Martin, Reporter

In the Beginning…

Jarad Higgins born December 2, 1998 , or better known by his stage name Juice Wrld, (Pronounced as “Juice world”), Is an American rapper and singer who was born in Chicago, Illinois. Juice Wrld gained mainstream recognition after the release of the single “Lucid Dreams” in 2018, which peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100. After signing with Grade A Productions and Interscope Records, “Lucid Dreams” acted as the lead single for his debut studio album “Goodbye & Good Riddance” , which peaked at number six on the Billboard 200 , and was eventually certified gold. The album contained the singles “Armed and Dangerous”, “Lean wit me”, and “Wasted”, all of which charted on the Hot 100. After collaborating with Future on the mixtape “Wrld on Drugs”, which was later released later that year and peaked at number two on the Billboard 200, Juice Wrld announced his second album, “Death Race for Love, which was released on March 8, 2019. It contained the songs “Robbery” and “Hear Me Calling”, with the made its debut at number 27 on the Hot 100.

Jarad Higgins aka Juice Wrld

Rise to success

Higgins began developing himself as an artist his freshman year of high school. His first track, “Forever”, was released on SoundCloud in 2015 under the name JuicetheKidd. Higgins recorded a majority of his first tracks on a cellphone and uploading them to SoundCloud in his sophomore year. His name changed from JuicetheKidd, a name inspired by his affection for rapper Tupac Shakur and his part in the film Juice, to Juice Wrld because it “represents taking over the world.” His first track  was produced by his current producer Nick Mira, “Too Much Cash” was released in 2017. Higgins released his debut full-length EP, 9 9 9, on June 15, 2017, with the song “Lucid Dreams.” In the mid- 2017, the artist began to receive attention from artists such as Waka Flocka Flame and Southside, as well as fellow Chicago artists G Herbo and Lil Bobby. In December 2017, Higgins released the three-song EP “Nothings different.” It was featured on numerous hip-hop blogs, such as Lyrical Lemonade, which helped Higgins track “All Girls Are the Same” gain popularity. In February 2018, a music video for “All Girls Are the Same” was released. Following the release Higgins was signed to Interscope Records for $3,000,000 and a remix featuring Lil Uzi Vert was previewed.

In May 2018 “Lucid Dreams” was officially released as a single and given a video. It has since peaked at number two on the US Billboard Hot 100 and quickly became one of the biggest streaming songs of 2018. Higgins released his first studio album, “Goodbye & Good Riddance”, on May 23,2018. On June 19, 2018, he released a two-song EP, “Too Soon”, in remembrance of and dedicated to deceased rappers Lil Peep and XXXTentacion. The song “Legends” from the EP charted under its debut at number 65. Higgins first single as Juice WRLD featuring a collaboration was released on July 10, 2018 titled “Wasted” featuring Lil Uzi Vert. The song was added to “Goodbye & Good Riddance” and debuted at number 67 on the Billboard Hot 100. On July 20, 2018, Higgins announced his first tour, “WRLD Domination” with additional acts YBN Cordae and Lil Mosey. Higgins was featured on Travis Scotts Astroworld featuring on the song “No Bystanders’ which peaked at number 31 on the Billboard Hot 100. On October 15, 2018 the music video for the song “Armed & Dangerous” was released and the lead single for the collaboration album “WRLD On Drugs” with Future was also released, called “Fine China”.“WRLD On Drugs” was released on October 19, 2018, he also contributed to the soundtrack for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. In December, Ski Mask the Slump God confirmed that he and Juice WRLD will release a joint mix tape called “Evil Twins” in 2019. The pair also announced a 2019 tour featuring 30 concerts across North American, before Juice WRLD announced in February that his second studio album, “Death Race for Love” would be released on March 8, 2019.

About the Writer
Danyelle Martin, Reporter

Hey, its ya boi Danyelle, DanYELL Martini, thanks for tuning into my podcast, today on this episode I'm going to be talking about me.

I'm 17 years old

I'm...