Fri. Nov 15th, 2019

Highly Suspect

Highly suspect was created by two twin brothers Rich (Bass) and Ryan Meyers (Drums) and their friend Johnny Stevens (Lead Vocalist & Guitar). After originally being based in Cape Cod, Massachusetts they relocated to Brooklyn, New York and began their first EP, The Worst Humans. Shortly after, the band’s first album Mister Asylum was released on July 17th, 2015, which then earned them a nomination for Best Rock Album at the 58th Annual Grammy Awards. The Boy Who Died Wolf was released a year later and two of the songs topped the Billboard US Mainstream Rock Songs chart My Name Is Human and Little One

Highly Suspect got their start by being a cover band that plays songs by Sublime, Jimi Hendrix, and Pink Floyd in 2009. They played in local bars in the Cape Cod area and also played a limited number of shows if bands Sevendust, 10 Years, and Monster Truck.

Top Songs

10. Vanity – This song is about a rocky relationship, due to the other person’s vanity.

9. Mister Asylum – This is about his past relationship and it is the title track for the album.

8. For Billy – This was written when the band received news that a friend had commit suicide.

7. Wolf  – This song is about the harsh truth of some relationships.

6. Chicago – He wrote this song for his long term girlfriend.

5. Claudeland – This was written for a friend who was at a low point and he needed cheering up.

4. Serotonia – This song is about how as life continues, it’ll change and you have to keep moving forward.

3. Bloodfeather – This is about a man who would do anything for the woman he loves.

2. Lydia – It was inspired by “Literally slow-motion love-at-first-sight”.

1. My Name Is Human – This song represents standing up to the people who doubt you.