Wed. Nov 13th, 2019

Conor McGregor punches man in bar

Connor McGregor, former professional fighter, now taking swings at old people.

The attack occurred at The Marble Arch Pub in Dublin, Ireland on April 6th, 2019. However the video was not exposed to the public until August 15th. It appears that the MMA was trying to hide the video so it doesn’t stir up too much trouble. When the video appeared everyone was wondering what McGregor would be charged with. Fans asked Dana White (President of the UFC) what he would do to punish McGregor, Dana said “When you deal with fighters, there’s always something. What’s it going to cost Conor before he decides, ‘all right, this isn’t worth it”. McGregor came out with an apology and he said “It doesn’t matter what happened there, I was in the wrong. That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without it ending the way it did.” he also added “I must take accountability and take responsibility”. McGregor will have to appear in court and could be charged with assault.

Conor McGregor is a retired professional MMA fighter that just recently got into an altercation in a bar. This is not the first time McGregor has got into trouble with the law. He also was charged with three counts of assault and one count of criminal mischief for throwing a guardrail at a charter bus in 2018 that hit and cut another fighter. He also has been seen being very rude to fans such as in March 2019 when a fan tried to get a picture with him and McGregor took the fan’s phone and broke it. Conor McGregor is supposed to be a role model for kids but he is setting a bad example. He is also making the UFC look bad for his outbreaks.

The reason for McGregor’s actions do not  due justice. McGregor was in the bar offering everyone free drinks of his own whiskey (Proper No. 12 Irish Whiskey). When one man denied the drink McGregor poured for him, McGregor felt disrespected and decided to punch him. McGregor was escorted out the bar and was not arrested. We’re not sure if any words were exchanged that could have also set McGregor off. The old man can take a punch because he took the punch and it seemed it didn’t even faze him. McGregor is a father now and he needs to stay out of trouble and focus on his family because he doesn’t need this bad publicity. Hopefully he stays out of trouble until his next court date.

Information for this story was obtained from TMZ and the Washington Post.