Wed. Nov 13th, 2019

The Clothing of Generation Z

Move over millennials it’s Generation Z’s time!

As someone part of Generation Z, fashion is a big part of society today. If you don’t who’s part of Gen Z: it consists of people who were born between 1995 and 2015, with nearly 74 million just in the US! Millennials and Gen Z clothing styles or aesthetics are completely different. When Millennials were hitting the mall, they leaned towards preppy brands like Ralph Lauren; Gen Z tend to wear fast fashion and athleisure.

Gen Z are more attracted to confident, feel-good, body-positive images regardless of size, race and gender (including non-binary). Everyone is unique and deserves to represented in a clothing line. Unlike Millennials, Gen Z are not loyal to one brand or store because other stores are more affordable.

Aesthetics, or esthetics, is a branch of philosophy that deals with the nature of art, beauty and taste with the creation or appreciation of beauty, a particular theory or conception of beauty or art, or a particular taste for or approach to what is pleasing to the senses (especially sight). With all the fast fashion that Gen Z is obsessed with, 26 billion pounds of textiles ends up in a landfill each year.

Some of Gen Z’s aesthetics

• Art Hoe- Mom Jeans, Turtle Necks, Denim Skirts, Dr Martens, Berets, and Tote Bags
  • Baddie- Bomber Jackets, High Waisted Ripped Jeans, and Oversized Handbags
  • Grunge- Flannels, Vintage T-shirts, Vans, and Fishnets
  • Pastel- Oversized Sweatshirts, Crop Tops, Pleated Skirts, Platform Sandals, and Cute Socks 
  • Vintage- Oversized Sweaters, Jean Jackets, Mom Jeans, Denim Overalls,and Converse

….And so much more!