Fri. Aug 14th, 2020

Popular Christmas movies to put you in the holiday spirit!

It’s December, folks! You know what that means? Holiday music and MOVIES! Here is a list of the top 10 “best” Christmas movies.

1. Elf Elf came out in 2003 and stars Will Ferrell, it is about an elf called Buddy (Will Ferrell) who was accidentally transported to the North Pole as a toddler and raised to adulthood among Santa’s elves. He then has to face the real world.
  2. The Santa Clause The Santa Clause came out in 1994 and stars Tim Allen. It is about a normal man who has his doubts about if Santa Clause is real, has an encounter with him which involves Santa falling off a roof, him reading a note, and then becoming Santa.
  3. Home AloneHome Alone came out in 1990 and stars Macaulay Culkin. It is about a young boy named¬†Kevin McCallister, who’s left home alone while his family is on a trip in Paris, and he has to live like an “adult”, and has problems with some burglars.
  4. How the Grinch Stole Christmas- it came out in 2000, and stars Jim Carrey, the reclusive green Grinch decides to ruin Christmas for the cheery citizens of Whoville. 
  5. The Polar Express- it came out in 2004 and is about a doubting young boy who takes an extraordinary train ride to the North Pole he embarks on a journey of self-discovery that shows him that the wonder of life never fades for those who believe.
  6. A Christmas Carol – the movie came out in 2009 and is about miserly Ebenezer Scrooge (Jim Carrey) who thinks Christmas is all humbug, berating his faithful clerk and cheerful nephew for their views. Later, Scrooge encounters the ghost of his late business partner, who warns that three spirits will visit him this night. The ghosts take Scrooge on a journey through his past, present and future in the hope of transforming his bitterness.
  7. Die Hard – Die Hard came out in 1988 and is about New York City policeman John McClane (Bruce Willis) is visiting his estranged wife (Bonnie Bedelia) and two daughters on Christmas Eve. He joins her at a holiday party in the headquarters of the Japanese-owned business she works for. The festivities are interrupted by a group of terrorists who take over the exclusive high-rise, and everyone in it. Very soon McClane realizes that there’s no one to save the hostages — but him.
  8. Frosty the Snowman – Frosty the Snowman came out in 1969. It is about a discarded magic top hat brings to life the snowman that a group of children made, until a magician named Professor Hinkle, wants it back, and the temperature starts to rise. Frosty will melt, or no longer be a jolly soul, if the kids cannot get him away from Hinkle and warm weather, so he hops a train to the North Pole with young Karen.
  9. Prancer – it came out in 1989 and is about a child, Jessica Riggs (Rebecca Harrell), who discovers an injured reindeer in the woods, which she believes to be Prancer. With the help of a sympathetic veterinarian (Abe Vigoda), Jessica takes care of the wounded creature. It’s supposed to be a secret, but eventually a store Santa Claus (Michael Constantine), the girl’s dad (Sam Elliott), and the entire town find out about Prancer, leading to big problems for Jessica and her family.
  10. I’ll Be Home for Christmas – FINALLY, the one we’ve all be waiting for, my all time favorite Christmas movie, I’ll Be Home for Christmas. The movie came out in 1998 and is about college student Jake (Jonathan Taylor Thomas) who is lured home to New York for Christmas with the promise of receiving a classic Porsche as a gift. When the bullying football team dumps him in the desert in a Santa suit, Jake is left without identification or money to help him make the journey. Meanwhile, his girlfriend, Allie (Jessica Biel), does not know where he is, and accepts a cross-country ride from Jake’s rival, Eddie (Adam LaVorgna).

Well, that’s it! I hope this list gave you a few movies to watch during this holiday season!

August 2020
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31  
Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.