Wed. Jan 29th, 2020

Weed Like To Know The Problem

Cannabis flower at Botanica Seattle's headquarters and production facility in Seattle, Washington on Monday, March 12, 2017. (Matt Mills McKnight/Cascade Public Media)

Drugs. This is a big issue in the United States. The war on drugs is a largely unsuccessful campaign, led by the U.S. federal government, of drug prohibition, military aid, and military intervention, with the aim being the reduction of the illegal drug trade in the United States.

The war on drugs has caused many issues. The war on drugs has put half a million people in prison; $10 billion a year. This has also caused the U.S. to spend billions annually for expanded law enforcement. The U.S. wasted billions of dollars on a failed campaign. The U.S. government has failed to realize the debt they have put us in with their failed campaigns with the war on drugs being one of the major ones. The money wasted could have been used with the many issues they have spoke about in the news which include, wildfire damages, hurricane damages, and disease outbreaks. Without the war on drugs, less people would be in prison, less people with criminal records, more money, and more focused attention on more important issues. Believe it or not, without this campaign, the drug institution would be less dangerous and not out of hand.

Many people have suffered the consequences from this failed operation created by the government, such as: The splitting of families, loss of education and economic opportunities, and time wasted from serving time in prison if time was served. The war on drugs for people of color branches out to a whole new conversation. The justice system can at times be racist toward people of color. Many people who have suffered from the racist part of the political system and their harsh consequences have spoke to the community to inform people about this important issue and not talked about much of the topic. Besides the harsh consequences for people of color and the much money wasted, this campaign has also fomented violence and death.

Death and violence rates have risen since this campaign has taken place. It has also enriched criminal organizations. Not all about this campaign has failed however. The war on drugs has helped law enforcement to capture the highest and most dangerous drug cartels. Overall though, the war on drugs has done more damage than good.

The war on drugs is a broad and sensitive topic that many don’t talk about and avoid. People silence their opinions about this topic, yet talk about how the justice system is wrong about it. If we as people don’t talk about this, or express our opinion and knowledge about this, then what’s the point in complaining about something we want changed? What is the point if we don’t put the effort in to change it? As people, our voices are so important, and we tend to go silent when it means we have to go against the political system. If we want change, we need to put forth the effort. Change starts with us, change starts with you.

January 2020
« Dec    
 12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  
Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.