Sun. Feb 23rd, 2020

9 Biggest Video Games Coming Up In 2020

1. “DOOM Eternal”

DOOM 2020

“DOOM Eternal” is the direct sequel to the excellent reboot of the classic “DOOM” first-person shooter franchise.

All of the additions made in “Eternal” — attachments for weapons that allow you to zip around the environment, and a new finishing move that nets you a burst of armor — build on the existing mechanics of the last entry. “DOOM Eternal” is likely to be one of the best games of this console generation, and it’s almost here.

Platform(s): Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Nintendo Switch, Google Stadia

Release date: March 20, 2020

2. “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”

Animal Crossing: New Horizons 2020

After years of waiting and one just-okay smartphone adaptation, “Animal Crossing” is making a big return on the Nintendo Switch. 

The new game, subtitled “New Horizons,” puts you on a deserted island — a totally blank slate compared to previous games in the series. You’ll start with a lowly camp site, but as you landscape the world around you, more folks will arrive on the deserted island. 

If you loved previous “Animal Crossing” games, this one should be right up your alley. 

Platform(s): Nintendo Switch

Release date: March 20, 2020

3. “Resident Evil 3”

Resident Evil 3 2020

The third game in the long-running zombie-fighting series follows Jill Valentine in the wake of the events of the previous game, as Raccoon City is overrun and — worse — she’s being relentlessly chased by an unkillable monster named “Nemesis.” 

Like last year’s remake, “Resident Evil 3” is a major visual overhaul to the original game. But more importantly, it’s also a massive remake of the original’s gameplay systems. In short, although this is a remake, it’s more of a newly-developed game than you might guess.

Platform(s): Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC

Release date: April 3, 2020

4. “Final Fantasy VII Remake”

Final Fantasy VII Remake 2020

It’s akin to Nintendo remaking “Super Mario World,” or Microsoft remaking “Halo.” When this remake was announced in June 2015, people lost their minds.

But this isn’t a direct remake — it’s a bit of a re-imagining. “Final Fantasy VII Remake” doesn’t have the turn-based fighting you may be expecting if you played the original. Instead, it’s much more of an action game with RPG elements woven in.

Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Release date: April 10, 2020

5. “The Last of Us: Part II”

The Last of Us: Part II 2020

Naughty Dog is responsible for the incredible, genre-pushing PlayStation game “The Last of Us.” Naughty Dog’s next game is a highly anticipated follow-up, the aptly titled “The Last of Us: Part II.”

In “Part II,” the duo of protagonists Joel and Ellie are making a return, but this new game looks to focus more on Ellie and her story following the events of the first game. As you can see above, she’s looking older, tougher, and madder.

Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Release date: May 29, 2020

6. “Ghost of Tsushima”

Ghost of Tsushima 2020

A samurai game set in Feudal Japan, called “Ghost of Tsushima.”

“The year is 1274. Samurai warriors are the legendary defenders of Japan — until the fearsome Mongol Empire invades the island of Tsushima, wreaking havoc and conquering the local population. As one of the last surviving samurai, you rise from the ashes to fight back. But, honorable tactics won’t lead you to victory. You must move beyond your samurai traditions to forge a new way of fighting — the way of the Ghost — as you wage an unconventional war for the freedom of Japan.”

“Ghost of Tsushima” is a third-person, character-driven action game with a focus on swordplay. This is a samurai game, after all. 

Platform(s): PlayStation 4

Release date: Summer 2020

7. “Marvel’s Avengers”

Marvel Avengers 2020

“Marvel’s Avengers,” a newly detailed blockbuster video game starring the world-famous superhero squad. You’ll play as Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, The Hulk, or Captain America against the various super villains attempting nefarious acts.

“Marvel’s Avengers” is being made by the folks behind the most recent “Tomb Raider” games, but it looks to be a departure from the studio’s usual third-person action games — it’s got a focus on cooperative online multiplayer, and ambitions to become an ongoing service-style game. 

Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Google Stadia

Release date: September 4, 2020

8. “Cyberpunk 2077”

Cyberpunk 2077 2020

That’s “Cyberpunk 2077.” It’s an open-world, third-person action game set in a complex, futuristic city where no one can be trusted. It looks a lot like the video game version of “The Fifth Element,” set in the city from “Akira.”

Platform(s): Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, Google Stadia

Release date: September 17, 2020

9. “Watch Dogs Legion”

Watch Dogs Legion 2020

You play as a hacker in London, except you’re not just playing as one individual. Instead, you’re a legion of different people.

Better still: You’ll recruit more people as the game progresses, each with their own unique skills. It’s a unique twist on a game series that’s already full of unique delights.

Release date: Between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021

February 2020
« Jan    
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
242526272829  
Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.