Sun. May 9th, 2021

RIP Kobe Bryant

Kobe Bryant was an American professional Basketball player. Kobe came straight from high school to play in the NBA for the Los Angeles Lakers for 20 seasons when he retired in 2016 at the age of 34 years old. He was recently in a deadly helicopter crash on January 26, 2020. Nine people were on Kobe’s helicopter including him and his 13 year old daughter on the day of the crash, and all nine on board were killed.

Kobe Bryant’s helicopter crash scene

Kobe’s helicopter wreck

On January 26, 2020, Kobe, his daughter Gianna, baseball coach John Altobelli with his wife and daughter, other kids on the team, their parents, and the pilot were in a fatal helicopter crash. The helicopter was taking off from Orange County, California, and it was heading to the northern Los Angeles suburbs. Kobe was going to coach a youth basketball team that his daughter and two other passengers played on.

When the plane took off, it was very foggy and visibility was subpar. The pilot asked for SVFR clearance to fly in the bad weather. The pilot was granted permission to continue flying. The pilot asked the control center to get flight following, but the helicopter was too low, so he had to climb above the clouds. Seconds later, the plane began to descent at a rapid pace, and it crashed. About two minutes after the crash, 911 was called. It was sadly too late, and no one onboard survived.

May 2021
« Mar    
 12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31