Tue. May 26th, 2020

What is the Coronavirus?

A coronavirus is a type of virus that typically affects the respiratory tracts of birds and mammals, including humans. Doctors associate them with the common cold, bronchitis, pneumonia, and severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS); they also affect the gut.

Research first isolated in 1937. They found a coronavirus responsible for an infectious bronchitis virus in birds that had the ability to devastate poultry stocks. Scientists found evidence, for the first time, in 1960s of the human coronavirus. Two human coronaviruses are responsible for a large proportion of common colds. Coronaviruses occur the most during the winter when it’s cold and/or early spring.

SYMPTOMS

Cold/Flu- usually set in from 2-4 days after a coronavirus infection and are typically mild. Symptoms vary from person-to-person, and some forms of the virus can be fatal.

Symptoms are sneezing, runny nose, fatigue, cough, fever in rare cases, sore throat, and exacerbated asthma

TYPES

The different types are: 229E (Alpha Coronaviruses) NL63 (Alpha Coronaviruses) OC43 (Beta Coronavirus) HKU1 (Beta Coronavirus)

TRANSMISSION

The coronavirus can spread in many ways

It can spread by coughing and sneezing without covering one’s mouth, touching or shaking hands, and/or touching one’s eyes, mouth, or nose

It mostly affects young children, people over the age 65, and women who are pregnant.

May 2020
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.