Wed. Oct 20th, 2021

Is Using Ivermectin for COVID-19 Safe?

The COVID-19 pandemic has caused many deaths and frustrations, unsurprisingly, many people have begun to try and find alternative ways to cure or prevent the virus. A new and rather dangerous example is a type of animal dewormer, ivermectin. The “FDA has not approved ivermectin” for treating COVID-19, and warns against “taking a drug for an unapproved use [as it] can be very dangerous.”

Ivermectin is typically used in animals to protect them from worms, mites, and insects, and in humans for lice or certain diseases like rosacea. However, humans should never take animal medicines, and the human version is only given via a specifically dosed prescription. The FDA states that “animal drugs are often highly concentrated because they are used for large animals like horses and cows, which can weigh a lot more than we do—a ton or more. Such high doses can be highly toxic in humans.” It is never a good idea to take animal medicine, as it can harm you and people who actually need the medicine for their animals can’t access it.

The Two Chemical Structures of Ivermectin. Source Wikipedia

The best way to avoid COVID-19 is to wash hands frequently, wear your mask, stay six feet away from people, and get the vaccine as soon as is safe. Horse dewormer does none of these, and can only harm or even kill you.

Source: The FDA

October 2021
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
Copyright © All rights reserved. | Newsphere by AF themes.