With winter slowly approaching, cold and flu season is at an all-time high. States like Texas, New Mexico, and Colorado have some of the worst cases.
As you can see, Kansas has moderate cases of cold and flu.
Take Action to prevent the flu
- CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
- Flu vaccines help to reduce the burden of flu illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths on the healthcare system each year.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you are sick, limit contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects contaminated with viruses that cause flu.