Mon. Jun 21st, 2021

Preparing For Valentine’s Day!

Valentine’s Day is on February 14th. You had 2 weeks starting from the beginning of February to buy gifts, get some things to eat, and set up the perfect Valentine’s Day party.

Each February 14th, many people exchange cards, candy, gifts, or flowers with their special “valentine”. The day of romance we call Valentine’s Day is named for a Christian martyr and dates back to the 5th century, but has origins in the Roman holiday Lupercalia.

Buying the perfect gift for someone shouldn’t be to hard as long as you know the person. A gift for your father would be a new tool set, not hot pink hoop earrings. Maybe for your little brother you can get a Thomas’ Valentine Party Book, not Dora’s Big Valentine!

thomas book    dora book

Getting something to eat is not very hard. All you need is a lot of sweets. Some sweets like: donuts, pie, cookies, cupcakes, and an abundance of candy!

There are heart shaped donuts made by Dunkin’ Donuts. It is said to be “Dunkin’ Donuts’ Unveils Valentine’s Day Offering”. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts are also selling heart donuts.

chocolate-heart-donut ddKRISPY-KREME-HEART-DOUGHNUTS

A great way to spend Valentine’s Day is to watch a valentine movie. “Valentine’s Day” is a comedy romance, that came out February 12th, 2010. It is PG-13 and has a 5.8 rating. There are many famous people staring in this film directed by Garry Marshall. Some of the cast are: Jessica Alba, Bradley Cooper, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Ashton Kutcher, Queen Latifah, etc..

Synopsis: Intertwining couples and singles in Los Angeles break-up and make-up on the pressures and expectations of Valentine’s Day.

valentines day movie pic

To look at the trailer to this movie click here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmwz3R_lT7I