The New York Giants were victims to the Eagles as they raced out to a 28-0 halftime lead and didn’t look back against their division rivals for the 3rd time this season, which the final score was 38-7.
The Eagles will host the NFC Championship Game at Lincoln Financial Field next Saturday at 2pm.
Philadelphia set the tone on opening drive of the game with an 8-play, 75-yard touch down drive. Dallas Goedert shoved the Giants cornerback Adoree Jackson out of the way while DeVonta Smith hauled in a 40-yard reception before Goedert scored on a 16-yard touchdown.
Quarterback Jalen Hurts won his first career playoff game with a complete outing of 16-of-24 with pass attempts for 145 yards. Hurts also added another 34 yards on the ground.
The Eagles welcomed back tackle Lane Johnson to the lineup after the All-Pro was injured.
Smith had 6 catches for 61 yards and a touchdown. Goedert finished with 5 catches for 58 yards.
The Giants finished with 277 yards of offense while Daniel Jones threw 135 yards with an interception, and Saquon Barkley had 61 yards although 39 came on one play during the second half.
The Eagles won the coin toss, calling tails. Their offense will be on the field first following with an open kickoff. Hurts was 5 for 5 for 68 yards capping off with a 16-yard touchdown pass to Dallas Goedert.
The big play was 40-yard deep shot to Smith. The Eagles converted 2/3 down situations on the drive, a touchdown throw following.
- The Eagles outgained the Giants 258-64. They totaled 18 first down, just 3 for the Giants
- Philadelphia doubled NY in time 20:12 to 9:48
- Eagles were 6-of-7 on third down and 4-of-4 in red zone. Giants were 1-of-6 on third and fourth down.
- Miles Sanders lifted 75 yards on 13 carries, Hurts added another 30
- Smith led with 4 catches for 53 yards, and Goedert provided 35 yards on 4 catches
- Reddick had 1.5 sacks for defense.